It has just occurred to me that Devil May Cry’s Dante is possibly the Antichrist
- Mundus means “world” in Latin
- his God-like appearance, powers, creator status, ability to look down on everyone from the Heavens and his judgement off sins and failures (kills Griffon) earn him worship from the people of Malet island
- being a Spanish island (judging from the architecture), the people who worshipped him were probably Catholic
- Sparda rebelled against him and was cast out from the ranks to dwell in the human realm where he became a powerful, dangerous leader of humans
- Mundus is God
- Sparda is Satan/Lucifer
- Dante and Sparda have tried to destroy the “World”
- Dante is well known for his charm and terrible power
- Dante is the Son of Satan, the Antichrist
There’s also been no mention of heaven so far in any of the games with any angelic looking things being “demons”. It could be that there’s only two worlds. The demon world (heaven, where God, his angels and other creations reside) and the human world (where Sparda was cast down and lowly, bottom dwellers live).
This is amazing.
You are amazing.
I must reblog this and have it on my blog.
*ETA to reblog from right person*
Boku no Pico is a wonderful anime about a young boy named Pico. He encounters many people on a magical adventure, and goes on wild quests with friends, Mokkun, Chico, and Coco, that he makes on his journey. This series is short, but it packs a lot of fun and adventure into it’s mere three episodes, and is also a wonderful, family-friendly tale.
I recommend you all watch Boku no Pico, and, if you would, please reblog this to spread the word about this glorious anime.
Thank you for reading.