The dollar in your wallet could have once belonged to someone who had just changed a diaper.
The dollar in your wallet could have once belonged to someone who took a shit and didn’t wash their hands after.
The dollar in your wallet could have once belonged to to a kid who just picked their nose.
The dollar in your wallet could have once belonged to a man getting out of a jizz booth.
The “BronyCon: The Documentary” movie is a movie aiming to make people like the MLP fandom more. This is not an exact quote, but rather a paraphrase from what was said in the preview.
It has raised $322,022 and has 2,621 backers.
One (or maybe several people) person in particular has donated $10,000.
Here is a list of things you could do that would be more beneficial than making people like something:
- Donate the money to a disaster relief fund somewhere, even if not in your own country.
- Donate the money to the Red Cross.
- Build an orphanage to house homeless/parentless children.
- Feed hundreds of thousands of people who are starving.
- Give clothing to people who cannot afford so much as that.
- Save it for your child’s college fund/housing.
- Help find a cure for any sort of illness.
- Pay for hospital treatment of people who cannot afford it.
- Donate the money to any charity.
- Fund a documentary based on a more life-threatening issue.
Instead, what is the money being spent on?
“People don’t like our fandom or understand us! Let’s raise money to make a movie on showing the ‘good’ side of the fandom! And only the good side. Let’s even get Lauren Faust on board!”
“Let’s MAKE somebody into a brony just for the documentary! Forcing people into fandoms isn’t bad at all!”
I’m even more disappointed in you, MLP fandom. This is a horrible thing that’s being done, and I really think that if you weren’t already feeling bad for being in the fandom, you would be now.
I feel the same way. Even though I’m going to Bronycon, something about this whole documentary rubs me the wrong way. You don’t need /that/ much money to produce a documentary for a con in NJ about the pony fandom/show.
Being in the AA, we got an email saying JDL will be interviewing some of the artists at random…I know I’m not going to hold back my comments about this exact issue, stating exactly what the OP said if I get interviewed…then again, it will probably just get cut out anyway
(and my artwork is not good enough to attain such attention.)